MGs and Classic cars
Chaque année le festival reçoit la visite de clubs anglais de passionnés de MG and de voitures classiques. Vous aurez l’occasion de les voir stationner à l’entrée du site de Penn Ar Pont et de les croiser aux alentours de Châteauneuf pendant le festival.
For many years Fest Jazz has become a focal point for a superb rally of MGs and other Classic cars from the UK and France.
If you have an MG or other classic car that you would like to bring to the festival please send us an email at email@example.com with your name, email address, vehicle make and model and its registration number. Then we can notify you about the events planned for the weekend.
Last year’s car events for the weekend included:
– 12:30: Meet and greet at Le Chaland on the quayside at Châteauneuf-du-Faou. A member of the festival team will be there to supply information, stickers for the cars, answer your questions and give out brochures and guides in English.
– 16:00: The music starts on the main festival site. Exchange your festival ticket for a bracelet which will give you access to all the venues.
The festival does not normally accept cars but in the case of your classics, you will receive a special parking sign which gives you access to the festival site. Parking for the classic cars is just in front of the entry to “Scène 1”.
– 19:00: You are invited to the official opening of the festival by the mayor of Châteauneuf-du-Faou. Free aperitives!
– 09:30: Exhibition of the cars in the town centre at the Place de Résistance.
– 11:45: Parade around the town
– 12:00: Arrival at the restaurant Vent des Îles. A table is reserved for the car owners and their friends (14€ chicken and chips)
There is a band playing until 13:30
– 14:00-01:00: The festival is in full swing and you can park your cars in the reserved parking on the site
– 10:00 : Assemble at the Place de Marché if you are interested in a road run
– Return to the festival in the afternoon for 12 hours of superb music and dance.
Things to do
Buy a ticket for the festival
Buy a Ferry Ticket. (Unfortunately a special Brittany Ferries “Package” is unlikely to be available in 2022)
Accommodation: The local Tourist Office is very helpful. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Get ready to party! (soberly, of course!)